Sunday, January 27, 2008

Unexpected travel

When you register your house on a web site, mine is on homeexchange.com, you never know where you might go. It is lovely to have wonderful invitations issued to you just because you happen to live half way betwen Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. So here I am planning our fourth exchange. Iceland is not a place I ever thought about going but now I am so excited. What is especially fun is that Jennifer and Scott are also going. And to make it even better we will spend almost a week in London. The hard part was finding plane tickets to London in the middle of summer that were bargain priced. After checking all known and newly discovered travel sites, I stumbled on to the AAA site run by Travelocity. Bingo! The same tickets on Travelocity were $50 more. The same tickets at the AAA office were $200 more. Now Jennifer has discovered a great little apartment in London, actually Barkin, England for a unbelievable price. If I got paid for making travel arrangements I would go broke fast, as it does take a lot of time.

1 comment:

jennifer newkirk said...

Blogspot recognizes you again? Good thing...