Sunday, April 27, 2008

critical critic

Birgita suggested that we do movie reviews. And as I do not have anything else to say ...here goes. Sonrisa and I saw Smart People. It did sort of entertain us. However, Dennis Quaid played the most obnoxious person and it is hard to imagine Sarah Jessica Parker ever going out with him and certainly not more then once.Then there is the slightly disagreeable premise that Ellen Page playing a socially isolated teenager, goes out with her "adopted uncle" and he allows her to get very drunk at which time she makes a big pass at him and carries on her crush through out the movie. And of course the most unbelievable premise of all that he (Quaid) would "get it" and just change into a reasonable human being instead of a self-centered , self-pitying jerk.

PS I did spend about five minutes correcting the spelling of Rachel. I hate it when people spell my name Joe. Don't know what happened so sorry, Rachel


PPS Ray and I went with Birgita to see the mobile home she is thinking of buying. The location is really wonderful and the mobile home has been well cared for and Gita could do amazing things with it. Maybe it could be a flip. The beginning of a new career. Or maybe a always house at the beach.

And now Sonrisa and I are off to the Ventura Art Festival.

2 comments:

RN said...

Thank you, I just figured that you did not want to get me mixed with another Rachel. Out of my sisters I got the one name people could pronounce but the spelling is left up to the individual. Wish I could go to the art festival with you.. sounds fun, enjoy for those of us that do not get the privilege of a half hour drive to art festivals.

Birgita said...

So, how many stars are you giving "Smart People"?