Sunday, November 30, 2008

THE CRITICAL CRITIC

OK, Australia is a really bad movie. I have decided that the critics that were kindly toward it, didn't see it. They must have sent their 14 year old daughters or kindly elderly aunt ,who reads
romance novels ,and spliced their reviews with the info that the studio sends them. I mean this movie is over acted, over directed, badly written and just plain ridiculous.Unless of course you believe that a 7 year old, three foot tall boy can stop 1500 stampeding cattle, by staring them down on the very edge of a cliff.If it was supposed to be funny(it wasn't) or a fantasy(No) then I could accept it. BUT IT WAS A SERIOUS MOVIE.And furthermore it forever spoiled the "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" song, which I used to like

2 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

you are more than a critic, you are a curmudgeon. officially.

Susannah said...

hm, I guess I'm glad I couldn't go see it with you guys then.