Sunday, June 1, 2008

another story

Well after reading Susies story I had to add mine. Outside the window on the third floor of the courthouse building(DA's office) Two crows(very large so I think they are actually Ravens), built a very heavy duty nest. Full of large sticks, some a foot long and thick. There is a large ledge for them to strut around on. The babies were almost full grown. While we are trying to listen to why people beat up their partners , these crows are marching along the ledge, and of course pecking at the glass to get our attention. One day the mommy crow called her two babies to come stand in front of her. The father was long gone.She then proceeded to give them one long and I am sure very important lecture. They just stood at attention and listened.It must have been the final one, "remember to look where you are flying, the best food is fast food , don't forget me"etc.because when I took my camera to get the picture for this blog they were all gone.

2 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

Definitely ravens...

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Great story. I don't like Ravens or Crows, but I do like that mommy birds teach their children to fly.. My friend has a pet crow she saved (had to have the wing taken off) and her name is Cheryl Crow.. :)